Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Marco's Pizza @ Kelana Jaya

Marco's Pizza Kelana Jaya has been there for a very long time. It's huge, occupying a few shops in a row with an unmistakable  banner. Situated right opposite the famous Kelana Jaya LRT Station and the busy LDP Highway, it's pretty hard to miss this shop.

Even though I used to live and frequent around the area, I never visited the place until my buddy commented that we should give it a chance and try it for once. And since Groupon was conveniently selling cash vouchers, I gave in.

Marco'spizza_honeylemongirl

-
Marco'spizza_honeylemongirl-008

-
Marco'spizza_honeylemongirl-009

The place clean and moderately decorated. Though I feel that the place is in need of some maintenance. The furnitures and other fixtures are pretty old.

Spaghetti Carbonara RM21.80
Marco'spizza_honeylemongirl-011

The spaghetti is decent, kinda close to being good but not there yet. They are using chicken cutlets instead of ham or bacon unless you opt for the beef one. Otherwise, this could have been a good one. Still, it was quite an enjoyable dish, with some good amount of herbs to levitate the overall taste of the buttery, creamy and cheesy sauce.

Marco'spizza_honeylemongirl-012

Marco's Signature Salad RM16.80
Marco'spizza_honeylemongirl-013

Apart from the fresh ingredients and also the crispy and much loved croutons, I like the sweet orange dressing. It's a really good appetizers to tickle your taste buds!

Chicken Parmigiana RM23.80
Marco'spizza_honeylemongirl-014

This dish was recommended by their staff and I was totally and utterly disappointed. First off, the chicken was soggy instead of crispy. It felt like the skin had too much moisture, perhaps they didn't thaw long enough before frying it. And to my horror, the meat was not fresh and it wasn't even fully cooked! They were still blood. I always have this mantra that never waste any food especially when it involved taking another life to feed you. I wanted to upload my principle but it was just too disgusting to continue eating.

I believe that it could have been a nice dish with its generous amount of salad, fries and the huge portion of chicken if only they took more care of their quality.

Marco's Speciality Pizza - Regular RM21.80

Marco'spizza_honeylemongirl-015

When the staff brought over our pizza, we were totally thrilled. After all we were dining at Marco's Pizza, of course we musty try their pizzas! We ordered their popular and signature flavour and when the pizza came, we could totally smell the eggs and whatever that came along with it. It was a pleasant smell and literally got us excited! I instantly plunged myself to a good piece of nicely cut pizza.

The crust was really thin and you could see the crispy on the dough. You could see all the generous toppings - lots of shredded turkey ham, Chicken Egg, Mozarella Cheese. This Marco's Pizza was topped with Napolitana Sauce - which based on my experience is one of the pasta sauces out there (Trust me! I tasted enough pizzas with various sauces to know Napolitana Sauce is pretty awesome!)

Looking at the amount of toppings, overall look, feel and smell of the pizzas, I was expecting a pizza with top-notch taste only to be disappointed by my first bite. Of course, to be fair, I finished up the entire cut of my pizza before I made any judgement and yet I was again, disappointed; even my buddy felt the same.

Our first disappointment: A SERIOUS LACK OF SAUCE. Pizzas cannot LIVE without their sauces. With its generous toppings, how could they missed out on this? It could have a great pizza!

Our second disappointment: OVERLY CHEWY DOUGH. They never proofed the pizza dough long enough, this was a serious amateur act for pizza makers. The dough was so chewy that they hurt our jaws, not funny, not nice. :(

My overall dining experience with Marco's Pizza was a disappointing one. They have been generous with their food portion and the quality is mediocre. Their menu selection is extensive and with proper quality control, they could have been great dishes. I am not sure if I would visit again. Then again, I bought cash vouchers from Groupon. Could their food qualities be better if we paid for full then? If it's so, it's pretty sad that many restaurants compromise on their food qualities when they advertise online through Groupon or Living Social and equivalent. This could cost their branding and reputation a big deal, and those two are HUGE DEALS.

Honey Lemon Girl's Rating
[xrr rating=3/5 imageset=default label="Ambience:"][xrr rating=3/5 imageset=default label="Service:"][xrr rating=2/5 imageset=default label="Food:"][xrr rating=2/5 imageset=default label="Value:"]

For More Information:

Marco's Pizza
No. 81 - 85, Jalan SS25/2, Taman Bukit Emas
Petaling Jaya, Selangor 47301

Business Hours: 11.30am – 2.30pm / 6pm – 10pm daily, not including public holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...